Last updated: December 6, 2022
AMHIC, A Reciprocal Association (“AMHIC,” “we,” “our”) is a self-governing insurance company for nonprofit organizations located in Washington, D.C. We provide member nonprofits with a flexible portfolio of high-quality, cost-effective, and comprehensive benefits programs (collectively, “Services”). In connection with the Services, we provide the AMHIC.com website, (the “Site”), which permits you to contact us and to access, use, and download certain information and documents through the ‘Membership Resources’ function.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE
We collect both personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information about you to help you access information and documents related to our Services and to improve the Site.
Information You Provide
AMHIC collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household (“Personal Information”). For example, you provide Personal Information to us when you contact us through our Site.
We may collect the following examples of Personal Information:
• Identifiers, including real name, title, organization, internet protocol (IP) address, email address, cookies
AMHIC also receives Personal Information about you from other parties, such as our affiliates, business partners, and service providers. That information can be obtained online, offline, or through publicly available resources. We may combine this Personal Information with the information you provide, and other Personal Information we already have about you.
Information We Collect About You
AMHIC and third-party providers may automatically collect Personal Information about you when you use our Site or third-party websites or services. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our services, and for our internal analytics so that we can improve our Site. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include:
• Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information, including browsing history, information regarding a consumer’s interaction with a website, application or advertisement, IP address, cookies, contents, sender, recipients, format or location of sender or recipients at any point during electronic communication, time or date electronic communication was created, sent, or received.
• Geolocation, including IP address
Cookies & Similar Technologies
“Cookies” are electronic files stored on your hard drive. Cookies cannot read data off your hard drive; they store identification information about you. AMHIC, like the operators of many other websites, uses the cookies to identify you when you visit the Site. AMHIC uses the information from cookies to personalize services and determine the amount and type of traffic at the Site. Cookies also provide us with information about your “clickstream”—the way that you navigate through the Site so that we can better design the Site for your use.
Most browsers allow you to disable or delete your cookies. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. For more information on cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information provided by the Interactive Advertising Bureau at www.allaboutcookies.org.
From your mobile device, you can understand which third parties have currently enabled cookies and how to opt-out by accessing the Network Advertising Initiative’s website at http://www.networkadvertising.org/mobile-choices. On iOS devices you may also select “Limit Ad Tracking” and on Android devices you may select “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” in your settings.
USE OF INFORMATION
• To provide and help you access information and documents related to our Services and to our Site
• To process your requests and respond to your inquiries
• To communicate with you about your account, information and documents related to our Services, and making announcements like changes to our
• To improve and administer our Site
• For internal market research
• To comply with the law and legal requirements, including valid court orders
• For any other purpose if we anonymize the Personal Information such that it no longer reasonably identifies you or your household
SELLING OR SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
AMHIC may share your information as follows:
• Third Party Agents. We transfer Personal Information to our agents, representatives, vendors, service providers and contractors (“Third Party Agents”) to perform tasks on our behalf and to assist us in providing information and documents related to our Services and to our Site. To operate AMHIC, we may share your Personal Information with our third-party agents so they can provide us with support services as follows:
o Security and fraud prevention;
o Data and web analytics; and
o To otherwise help us provide the Site or information and documents related to our Services.
• In the Event of Merger, Sale, Divestitures or Change of Control. We may transfer or assign Personal Information to an entity that acquires or is merged with us as part of a merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
We may share de-identified and/or aggregate analytics with third-party partners about how you interact with our Site, including usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, documents, promotions, and/or functionality available through the Site.
SAFEGUARDING YOUR INFORMATION
AMHIC values your privacy and is committed to protecting your information. We have appropriate administrative, technical, and physical safeguards in place to ensure the integrity and security of your information. If you have any questions about the security of our services, you can send an email to email@example.com.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
You have choices about how we use your information. Please understand that if you choose not to disclose information to us, it may affect your ability to use some features of our Site.
Google Analytics, Advertising & Remarketing
We may use Google Display Advertising and Remarketing services, including Google Analytics. These services use first- and third-party cookies together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on your past visits to the Site. Some data is shared with a third-party entirely for analytics purposes. You can opt out of these services using the Ads Preferences Manager or you can use the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. For more information on Google Analytics’ processing of Personal Information, please see http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You may opt out of the use of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Do Not Track
Our Site is hosted in the United States and is intended solely for visitors located within the United States. If you do not reside in the United States and provide Personal Information to us, please note that your Personal Information will be transferred, processed, collected, used, accessed and/or stored in the United States and subject to U.S. laws. The laws in the United States may not provide the same protections for your Personal Information as the jurisdiction in which you are located. Do not provide your Personal Information to us if you do not want this information to be transferred or processed outside of your country, or if the laws in your country restrict such transfers.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
If you have any questions about the security of our Site, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your Personal Information, we will either delete or anonymize your information, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your Personal Information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your Personal Information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
INFORMATION FROM MINORS
AMHIC’s platform is not intended for children under 16 years of age. AMHIC does not knowingly solicit Personal Information from or market to children under 16 years of age. By using the Site or accessing the information and documents related to our Services, you represent that you are at least 16 or that you are the parent or guardian of a minor and consent to the minor’s use of the Site. If we learn that Personal Information from users less than 16 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the membership and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such Personal Information from our records. If you become aware of any Personal Information, we may have collected from a child under age 16, please contact us at email@example.com.
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org